Recipe and photos courtesy of: http://wannabite.com
- 2 large roasted butternut squashes
- 1 pint of half and half
- ¾ stick of butter (browned)
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ cups of chicken stock
- Creme fraiche to garnish
- Cut the squash in half
- Lightly coat it with oil, salt and pepper
- Roast the squash for an hour or until tender
- Scoop out the squash, put it into a blender or food processor add the half and half and the chicken stock.
- Blend well and then place into a pot on medium heat.
- Add browned butter (simply brown butter in a small pan) oil, salt and pepper and stir and cook on low for a few minutes.
- Garnish with creme fraiche.
My Results:1. Cutting the squash and pulling the seeds out, not the easiest.
2. I have NEVER roasted a squash before. I found varying ways to do this on the web. I decided to roast in a 400 degree oven for an hour. One hour was not quite long enough. Scooping out the hot squash, well I burned four of my fingers. This was a very messy job, and the most time consuming part of the recipe.
3. I just threw all the ingredients into a stock pot, saving the squash for the end, and used my Cuisinart immersion blender to puree everything.
4. I discovered, I don't care for butternut squash. It's a texture thing I think. My husband, and neighbor, on the other hand, loved it!
|Using my immersion blender.|
|The finished product! Not quite as pretty as the original blog photos...|